New this season we will be offering a 1 day avalanche rescue course.
This course is dedicated to backcountry avalanche rescue skills. Those new to backcountry rescue will learn new skills, those who have experience will have an opportunity to refresh skills and keep current on new techniques. We will be ski touring during the day to set up realistic scenarios. This course is a prerequisite for AIARE 2 and AIARE PRO 1.
- Describe what to do if you or a member of your party is caught in an avalanche
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Participate in realistic scenarios in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve your response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continued practice
This is a touring focused course, students must have ability to skin up and descend backcountry terrain. Alpine touring skis, splitboards or telemark… but not snowshoes.
- January 6th, course runs from 8:30 till 4:30 (all levels welcome) $175 OPEN
*This course is a prerequisite for AIARE Level 2 courses and the AIARE Pro courses.
Book Your Course